How to Apply?
The call for applications will open on 1st November 2016 and will close on 5th March 2016. Please check CHERISH-DE website or follow us on Twitter (@cherish_de1) for more information and any updates. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email on 4th of April 2017. We will select 25 applicants with up to an additional 5 on a short waiting list.
Who can apply?
Applications are invited from ECRs with one to seven years’ postdoctoral research experience or lectureship/teaching position in any discipline in any universities across the UK. In 2016, we had successful applicants from Computer Science as well as from a diverse background such as Law & Criminology, Engineering, Social and Human Science, Media, Business Management, Arts & Humanities, and Health. We continue to welcome applicants from varied backgrounds, and also hope to hear from ECRs working in other disciplines.
Any ECRs within the same length of experience and currently working in any industry sector (private, public or NGOs) are also welcomed to apply. Your employers will benefit from your new approach of thinking, strengthened skill sets, expanded network within the research community, and links with external parties. We are happy to offer liaison support to your employer if you are keen to apply.
What costs are covered?
All residential costs such as accommodations, including night before the skills labs, and catering on the event days, and costs for all sessions in the three skills labs, will be provided for successful UK Digital Economy Crucible candidates.
They will need to fund the travel expenses independently either through their departments or from the Digital Economy hubs if they are from one of the six Centres of the DE-Network.
How will participants be selected?
Participants will be selected through a competitive process based on their written applications reviewed by a panel consisting of the Director of CHERISH-DE, other CHERISH-DE Co-Investigators, industry partners, academics from other UK universities, and ECRs, including UK Digital Economy Crucible 2016 Alumni. In selecting participants, the panel will be looking for researchers with the following criteria:
- work published in their field, and who are eager to take advantage of cross-discipline working
- strong interest in digital technology, and enthusiastic about harnessing its potential to meet every day human challenges
- good awareness of the international context of the research and show evidence of recognition in the community on an international scale
- evidence of showing leadership within the research community and evidence of pushing the boundaries of their research area
- commitment to thinking about the impact of their work and to communicating their research beyond the academy
- strong understanding of and commitment to CHERISH-DE’s mission
Download the Digital Economy Crucible Application Form
Download the Equal Opportunities Form
Don't forget to read up on some tips for applying.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Tashi Gyaltsen, Project Officer, who leads on UK Digital Economy Crucible. Email: Tashi.Gyaltsen@swansea.ac.uk Or contact our general CHERISH-DE Centre Email: email@example.com